If you’re like most homeowners you don’t give much thought to what lies behind your walls, but in the case of your electrical system, what you don’t know really can hurt you. Outdated or damaged wiring can pose a number of risks, and the experienced, licensed electricians at 5 Star Electricians El Porto offer a wide range of electrical services, including electrical replacement and home re-wiring to keep your home and family safe. Whether you’ve experienced unusual electrical activity, or a renovation or repair has uncovered damaged or questionable wiring.
According to the U.S. Fire Administration, there are more than 45.000 residential electrical fires across the nation each year—nearly half of which are related to home electrical wiring. There are a number of situations which warrant an inspection from a certified professional, including:
- Home addition
- Major home renovation
- Home is over 40 years of age
- Recent addition of major appliances or upgrades
- Presence of ungrounded, dual-prong outlets
Contact 5 Star Electricians El Porto for electrical repair if you notice any of the following:
- Hot, scorched, or discolored outlets
- A burning smell
- Visibly frayed wires
- Loose switches or outlets
- Buzzing, sizzling, cracking, or popping from your electrical system
- Sparks or arcs when you plug or unplug cords
- Repeated tripping of circuit breakers
- Flickering lights, or lights that dim when other items are in use
- Rodent invasion
In homes greater than 40 years old, outdated wiring was not designed to handle the demands of modern day electronics. If you’re uncertain of the condition of your wiring, one of our licensed electricians can perform an inspection and determine if electrical replacement is needed.
- Tripped circuits – Frequent issues with circuits or fuses may be caused by overheating or an overloaded electrical system, both of which warrant further investigation.
- Non-functional outlets – The wiring has likely become disconnected or damaged due to home repairs or pests, requiring professional outlet repair.
- Loose or worn components – If plugs sit loosely or slip out of your outlets they may be worn out, and in need of replacing.
- Ungrounded receptacles – Two pronged outlets are outdated, and your electrical system may be ungrounded. This can lead to potential shock or appliance damage and outlets should be replaced to bring your home’s electrical system up to current standards.